Instrument Controls Coordinator should have a good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SSHE), provides subject matter expertise to maintenance teams. Subject matter expert for specific processes and procedures, technical matters, and equipment. Equipment types may include instrumentation, control systems, analyzers, ("I&C"). Demonstrates very strong maintenance skills for these equipment types. Able to provide support or guidance for complex trouble-shooting, may participate in constructability and maintenance design reviews and may assist engineering for routine maintenance as well as Turnaround, or new project support. Ability to influence without authority and interacts effectively with operation and maintenance organizations. Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; able to network effectively within organizations. Instrument and Controls (I&C) Specialist will cover some but not all of the responsibilities listed below.
Typical Job Positions may include: I&C Coordinator, Analyzer Technician, Document Control Services (DCS) Technician, PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) Technician, Maintenance Specialist.
• Implements maintenance design philosophies including project specifications for "I&C ".
• Provides technical support and coordination of risk assessments, incident investigation and conceptual and pre-Front End Engineering Design (FEED) studies.
• Supports coordination of cost management and productivity improvement plans.
• Supports operating teams troubleshoot complex issues and may provide operations assistance during peak loads.
• Provides technical support and input to training development and delivery.
• Shares Best Practices and provides feedback for enhancement
• May participate in company networks.
• Develops strong personal expertise, shares knowledge with others via Networking, etc.
• Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication
• Functional Skills: Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) management - operations and maintenance, maintenance planning, maintenance scheduling, maintenance management, maintenance-I&C/A
• 7-10 years’ of closely related field experience
• Journeyperson Instrument Tech
• The individual should be proficient in creating maintenance plans, electrical testing and troubleshooting of instruments such as Mangentrol level alarms and Varec level gauges.
• Experience with Honeywell TDC, ACS and RGL would be an asset.
• Effective communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
• Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs