The Operations Engineer will receive general direction from the TTO Senior Financial Manager and more specific technical direction and support from the TTO Contracts Lead and Engineering Services personnel as required. The Operations Engineer is responsible in cooperation and coordination with the TTO Contracts lead and Engineering Services for technical support and scoping of operating and maintenance contracts that support the Muskrat Falls Powerhouse and directly related facilities. The successful individual is expected to exercise a considerable level of initiative and judgement concerning Engineering activities as they relate to the Muskrat Falls Powerhouse service and maintenance contracts and related assets.
Job Function Summary
• Technically research and scope for the Muskrat Falls Powerhouse operating service and maintenance contract details from initial identification to final details for use by Operations, Engineering Services and Procurement in various documents.
• Ensure all documents developed are communicated, shared and agreed with others to ensure Muskrat Falls PowerHouse and Support personnel have the operating contracts in place to support the daily operations of the Powerhouse long term.
Principal Activities, Duties, and Responsibilities
• Responsible for taking initiative to develop technical engineering details and scope regarding operating contracts related to the major equipment located at the Muskrat Falls Powerhouse and related facilities.
• Work in cooperation with Muskrat Falls project construction team or suppliers, contractors, manufacturers and in cooperation with TTO Contract Team Lead to obtain all relevant project contract information that impacts long term operations of the Powerhouse.
• Work with TTO Contract Team Lead, Engineering Services and Procurement to put in place service and maintenance contracts to permit startup and future operations of the new Muskrat Falls Powerhouse.
• Prepare technical engineering details related to service and maintenance contract documents which will form part of internal and external documents for operations.
• In cooperation with Maintenance, Operations and Engineering Services become familiar with the Powerhouse structure, equipment and related facilities.
• Ensure all required records, drawings, technical manuals and standards are obtained and reviewed where required to develop operating contracts.
• Prepares operating contracts and related technical details using applicable Engineering Codes, Work Protection Code, H&S Programs, Safety Manuals and Environment Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in other duties and engineering activities as delegated by the TTO Financial Manager and Contract Lead.
• Engineering Degree
• PEG-NL registered and certified
• Other combination of skills, experience and education may be considered
• Minimum of seven years progressively responsible experience in engineering research, development, and finalization of work scope requirements to support start up of operating contracts for a new Hydro Powerhouse and related Facilities.
• Demonstrated experience in a Hydro electrical utility environment and field maintenance.
• Knowledge of large company Engineering programs and standards. Working knowledge of applicable electrical industry standards as it relates to work execution and capital project management.
Special Skills and Job Requirements
• Demonstrated planning/leadership to effectively progress operating contracts for new Hydro electric start up operations in an industrial setting.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations related to industrial maintenance and engineering.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, both internal and external.
• Excellent teambuilding and influence skills, as well as a dedicated team player.
• Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative and supportive manner with stakeholders.
• Ability to travel periodically to various locations.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software is required
St. John's, NL
Operations Engineer may be required to make site visits to the Muskrat Falls Powerhouse and related facilities located in Labrador.