The client sells and distributes its full range of refined petroleum products through our network of branded retail and commercial outlets. Our network of approximately 475 locations supports both retail and commercial fuel businesses and includes cardlocks, travel centers, bulk distribution, convenience stores, and other services such as car washes, restaurants, and loyalty card programs. We are a multi-brand distributor, which includes the responsibility of operations of a national commercial cardlock network.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Client’s Operations group is looking for a District Manager to support our national retail and commercial/cardlock business. This role is a fantastic opportunity to further develop and grow your experience in oil and gas.
The District Manager is the primary link between the Retailer and Client. He or she is responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales, and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined geographic area. Typically, a District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of roughly 30 sites.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of operational standards, marketing plans, and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across our retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate with spends a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
Key responsibilities may include:
• Developing and managing the retailer relationship
• Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers.
• Effectively communicating business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
• Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to develop action plans for improvement.
• Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
• Limiting environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures/records and reviewing/advising on required infrastructure improvements.
• Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
• Responding to customer concerns as needed
• A minimum of five years’ experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
• A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
• Proven business, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyze financial and volumetric data
• Self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to creatively identify, develop and qualify business opportunities
• Above average presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) in English. French is an asset
• Attention to detail, superior organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task
• Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, dedication, and success in previous endeavors.
• A driver’s abstract will be required
Southern Ontario/GTA and select Northern Ontario sites
Schedule: Work remotely 2 days/week and field travel 3 days/week. Mon-Fri 40 hr/week.
Expenses: Yes, submit receipts for meals, accommodation, travel, business use vehicle, and gas.
OT: Requires Manager Approval
Travel required: Yes, company vehicle provided